Through church plant Project Management, Passion for Planting works hand-in-hand with the planter to ensure every step in the process comes together at the right time. We help planters get from where they are, to where they need to be. Specializing in project management and administration, and working virtually with the planter during the crucial 9-10 month pre-launch period, our project managers are like having a part-time Executive Pastor.
Passion for Planting developed PlanterPlan as the online platform that keeps the planter, coach and launch team all on the same page, following the same script, from beginning through opening day! We continue to refine the content and the tool to ensure the tasks are relevant, timely and executed in the proper sequence.
In the short video below, Dale Spaulding (Director, Passion for Planting) talks with Patrick O’Connell (Director, NewThing) about the importance of Project Management in launching a healthy church.
More than just a task master, the Project Manager troubleshoots problems and challenges with the planter. He encourages and equips, exhorts and critically discusses detailed plans to help the planter think through big decisions like where to meet, how many services to have, website presence, community outreach plans and much, much more.
Sample Services Provided:
- Weekly Calls with Planter
- Review the schedule and deliverables
- Provide next step recommendations
- Encourage (and pray for) the church planter
- Assist with development of the following plans/strategies:
- Launch Plan
- Fundraising Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Discipleship Plan
- Outreach Plan
- Staffing Plan
- Develop year 1-3 Church Budget
- Prepare Demographics Studies/Reports
- Establish Corporate Records Notebook
- Prepare Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
- Assist with obtaining Church Insurance
- Complete Legal Entity Formation:
- Draft Articles of Incorporation
- File Articles with State Corporation Commission
- Obtain Federal Employment ID Number
- Draft Bylaws
- Prepare/Submit IRS 501(c)(3) package
- File for State Tax Exemption
- Obtain Non-profit / Bulk Mailing Permits
- Assist with obtaining Start-up AV Equipment
- Develop Staff Policy Manual
- Develop Church Operations Manual (systems and processes)
- Provide Monthly Project Management Status Reports
Coaching and Project Management
At Passion for Planting, we believe in the value of Church Plant Project Management AND Coaching. So much so that we bundle coaching (18 months) and project management (10 months) to be able to offer the best value for church planters.
The Project Manager and Coach are two separate, but equally important, roles. The Project Manager works side by side (virtualy) with the planter during the 9-10 month pre-launch period to get those 400+ tasks completed. The Coach is a longer term relationship that will begin before Project Management (pre-launch) and hopefully continue long term (post-launch).