Through church plant Project Management, Passion for Planting works hand-in-hand with the planter to ensure every step in the process comes together at the right time. We help planters get from where they are, to where they need to be. Specializing in project management and administration, and working virtually with the planter during the crucial 6-12 month pre-launch period, our project managers are like having a part-time Executive Pastor.
First and foremost, Passion for Planting Project Managers have a heart for Christ and a great desire to build healthy churches. To this extent, we developed PlanterPlan as the online platform that keeps the planter, coach and launch team all on the same page, following the same script, from beginning through opening day! We continue to refine the content and the tool to ensure the tasks are relevant, timely and executed in the proper sequence.
In the short video below, Dale Spaulding (Director, Passion for Planting) talks with Patrick O’Connell (Director, NewThing) about the importance of Project Management in launching a healthy church.
More than just a task master, the Project Manager troubleshoots problems and challenges with the planter. He encourages and equips, exhorts and critically discusses detailed plans to help the planter think through big decisions like where to meet, how many services to have, website presence, community outreach plans and much, much more.
The Result = Healthier Planters, Healthier Churches
Our greatest joy is to see the new church get up and running with the best opportunity to succeed in fulfilling its primary mission of reaching the lost and building disciples to go and do the same.
Sample Services Provided:
- Weekly Calls with Planter
- Review the schedule and deliverables
- Provide next step recommendations
- Encourage (and pray for) the church planter
- Assist with development of the following plans/strategies:
- Launch Plan
- Fundraising Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Discipleship Plan
- Outreach Plan
- Staffing Plan
- Develop year 1-3 Church Budget
- Prepare Demographics Studies/Reports
- Establish Corporate Records Notebook
- Prepare Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
- Assist with obtaining Church Insurance
- Complete Legal Entity Formation:
- Draft Articles of Incorporation
- File Articles with State Corporation Commission
- Obtain Federal Employment ID Number
- Draft Bylaws
- Prepare/Submit IRS 501(c)(3) package
- File for State Tax Exemption
- Obtain Non-profit / Bulk Mailing Permits
- Assist with obtaining Start-up AV Equipment
- Develop Staff Policy Manual
- Develop Church Operations Manual (systems and processes)
- Provide Monthly Project Management Status Reports
Let us know how we can help you: