Church planting is not for everyone. It requires a unique calling and gifting. If your goal is to plant healthy multiplying churches, we need to start with healthy leaders. Assessment helps affirm those leaders.
Passion for Planting’s Assessment Center combines a pre-screening process along with a formal 2.5 day on-site assessment to evaluate a potential planter and their spouse’s calling, health, gifts, passions, strengths and weaknesses. Following assessment, you will not only know whether or not you’re called to church planting, but you’ll also understand the next steps you should take to pursue the vision God has given you.
The assessment process includes:
- Personality Profile testing
- Pre-Assessment Screening Form
Assessment (2.5 days)
- Discovery Sessions (Interviews) with Assessment Team
- Exercises with assessment candidate couples
- Summary interview (debrief) with Assessment Team
- Assessment Report provided to candidate and sponsor
Our assessment team includes experienced church planters, seasoned pastors, and a clinical psychologist that examine candidates and their spouses through multiple lenses to give you a comprehensive view of your readiness to plant a church. Additionally, a representative (sponsor) from your sending church or church planting organization is required to participate on the assessment team. A formal Assessment Report is then provided to the candidates being assessed and their sponsor.
If you think God is calling you to plant a church, don’t move forward before investing in the assessment process. If God is calling you to plant, assessment will not only help solidify that calling, but it will supply you with helpful insight in regards to your leadership gifts. And assist you in developing your church planting action plan.
Common characteristics shared by church planters that are examined in the assessment process include:
- Visionizing Capacity
- Intrinsically Motivated
- Relates to the Lost & Unchurched
- Creates Ministry Ownership
- Spousal Cooperation
- Committed to Church Growth
- Responsive to Community
- Utilizes Giftedness of Others
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Exercises Faith
- Financial Responsibility
- Builds Group Cohesiveness
- Effectively Builds Relationships
- Cultural Agility
- Fly into Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Recommended Hotel: Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo. They provide free shuttle to/from Dulles Airport and to The nZone (Assessment Center location).
|Assessment Dates:||Next one: April 25-27, 2022
Future dates: October 24-26, 2022
|Assessment Times:||Starts Monday @ 8:00am; ends Wednesday @ 12:00pm|
|Location:||Passion for Planting @ The nZone – 14550 Lee Road, Chantilly, VA 20151|
|Cost:||$1,000 (covers planter & spouse)|
|Registration & Payment:||Register Now|
Please fill out the form below: