Church planting is not for everyone. It requires a unique calling and gifting. If your goal is to plant healthy multiplying churches, we need to start with healthy leaders. Assessment helps affirm those leaders.
Passion for Planting’s Assessment Center combines a pre-screening process along with a formal 2.5 day on-site assessment to evaluate a potential planter and their spouse’s calling, health, gifts, passions, strengths and weaknesses. Following assessment, candidates will not only know whether or not they’re called to church planting, but will also understand the next steps they should take in order to pursue the vision God’s given them. The assessment process includes:
- Personality Profile testing
- Pre-Assessment Screening Form
Assessment (2.5 days)
- Discovery Sessions (Interviews) with Assessment Team
- Exercises with assessment candidate couples
- Summary interview (debrief) with Assessment Team
- Assessment Report provided to candidate and sponsor
Our assessment team includes experienced church planters, seasoned pastors, and a clinical psychologist that examine candidates and their spouses through multiple lenses to give participants a comprehensive view of their readiness to plant a church. Additionally, a representative (sponsor) from the candidate’s sending church or church planting organization is required to participate on the assessment team. A formal Assessment Report is then provided to the candidates being assessed and their sponsor.
If you think God is calling you to plant a church, don’t move forward before investing in the assessment process. If God’s calling you to plant, assessment will not only help solidify that calling, but it will supply you with helpful insight in regards to your leadership gifts and assist you in developing your church planting action plan.
Common characteristics shared by church planters that are examined in the assessment process include:
- Vision Capacity
- Intrinsically Motivated
- Connected With Lost People
- Delegates Ministry
- Spousal Support
- Passionate About Church Growth
- Engaged With Their Community
- Focused On Developing Leaders Around Them
- Spiritually Mature
- Fiscally Responsible
- Fly into Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Recommended Hotel: Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo. They provide free shuttle to/from Dulles Airport and to The nZone (Assessment Center location).
|Assessment Dates:||April 20-22, 2020|
|Assessment Times:||Starts Monday @ 8:00am; ends Wednesday @ 12:00pm|
|Location:||Passion for Planting @ The nZone – 14550 Lee Road, Chantilly, VA 20151|
|Cost:||$900 (covers planter & spouse)|
|Deposit:||$300 non-refundable deposit to hold seat is due 60 days prior to Assessment|
|Registration & Payment:||Register Now|
Got Questions? Please fill out the form below.