We Get You Ready
Are you feeling the call to plant a church, but also feel that you’re not quite ready? Our Distance Residency will get you ready.
Journey with Peers:
Your cohort of 5-8 residents will walk together, work together and challenge each other over 9 months
Learn from Experts:
Get weekly live video teaching from P4P and other national church planting practitioner-experts
Stay in Your Context:
No need to move your family across the country – live out the residency in your local context
Create Custom Strategies:
Plan strategies that will work in your target community and get them peer-reviewed in the cohort
How You Will Learn
Excellent resource! The Residency allows me serve as an Associate Minister while learning in a flexible environment. If you are considering church planting you MUST go through this program!
–Resident, Cohort ’17
How You Will Practice
More than just book knowledge, in the Residency you’ll gain the practical experience you need to succeed by learning the R.O.P.E.S.
- Research: Investigate your target community and begin exegeting the culture
- Observe: Observe and participate in ministry in your local church congregation. Visit New Life Christian Church (a church planting church) and other regional church plants.
- Present: Present and discuss your God-given vision and strategies with your peers and mentors. Preach your Opening Day sermon, too.
- Evaluate: Evaluate the feedback you get. Evaluate the new ideas and differing approaches of the others in the cohort.
- Support: Support your peers and be supported as you embark on your planting journey.
What You Will Learn
The Passion for Planting Church Planting Residency covers the gamut of topics you have to understand to launch a healthy, reproducing church:
- Vision, mission, values and measures
- Demographic research and analysis
- Funding the church plant
- Budget and financial systems
- Intercessory prayer team
- Disciple-making processes
- Community networking
- Developing a Launch Team
- Reproducing Leaders
- Building Ministry Teams
- Staffing & HR
- Marketing and Outreach
- Facilities and Equipment
- Multiplication at every level
You will walk away with a contextualized, written strategy for each topic, reviewed by you peers and instructors.
What You Will Practice
Over the course of the Residency, you will practice core competencies such as:
- Critical thinking
- Strategic planning
- Community networking
- Pastoral care
- Leading leaders
- Preaching in the new church
- Developing a sermon calendar
- …and other practical ministry assignments at your local church
What Church Planters are Saying
Two Residency Options
Distance Residency Option
Stay at your current church during the Residency. You’ll hone your soft skills there while preparing to start a church-planting church through the Distance Residency.
You will also attend two 4-day onsite intensives at New Life Christian Church, a church-planting church in Northern Virginia. During these intensives, you’ll rub shoulders with experienced church planters, hang out with your cohort buddies, preach sermons, and learn to clarify & articulate your vision. You will also experience other practical exercises designed to help you answer God’s call through church planting.
Embedded Residency Option
Do you live in the DC metro or don’t otherwise have a host church to serve at during your Residency? Come be our church planting resident at New Life Christian Church, headquarters of Passion for Planting. You’ll get practical experience within the ministry departments of New Life as well as recent church plants in the region.
A monthly stipend is provided to qualified embedded residents, but they are also expected to raise funds during their residency. A portion of those funds may be set aside for the future church plant.
We are NOW accepting applications for the Fall 2019 Cohort.
Got Questions? Give us a call at (703) 817-0601 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print
|Next Cohort Dates:||September 4, 2019 to June 03, 2020|
|Virtual Class Times:||Wednesdays from 10:00am-4:00pm Eastern|
Or, checks can be made out to: