Church Planter Residency Program
At Passion for Planting our mission is to plant healthy multiplying churches, which we know start with healthy multiplying leaders. That’s why we’ve designed a dynamic residency program which develops, trains and equips church planters with the knowledge, strategies, and tools they’ll use to plant healthy multiplying churches. We offer two methods for this exciting residency experience: 1) As an embedded resident at New Life Christian Church (Washington, D.C. suburbs) and 2) As a distant resident learning from within the planter’s local context. All candidates, whether distance or embedded, are assigned to a learning cohort of 5-8 prospective church planters gathered together to support, encourage, and sharpen each other.
Our Program Includes
Unique training in a wide-array of specialized areas including:
- Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Demographic Research and Analysis
- Budget and Financial systems
- Prayer Team Strategy
- Staffing Strategy
- Launch Team Development
- Discipleship Strategy
- Ministry Teams Strategy
- Marketing and Outreach Strategies
- Leadership Development
- Facilities and Equipment Acquisition
- Fundraising Strategy
- Church Multiplication Strategy
During the program residents will produce all of the above strategies for their new church and have them reviewed by their peers and instructors.
By participating in a Passion for Planting Church Planter Residency (10 month Cohort) you’ll gain the practical experience you need to succeed by “learning the R.O.P.E.S.”
- Research: Research potential church plant locations and their communities. Learn the how-to’s of church planting.
- Observe: Observe and participate in ministry at healthy church plants. Serve significantly at New Life Christian Church (a church planting church) and spend quality time at three other regional church plants. Learn what it means to reach people far from God.
- Present: Present and discuss your God-given vision and strategies with your peers and mentors.
- Evaluate: Evaluate presentation feedback as well as peer presentations to prepare for healthier church starts.
- Support: Support your peers and be supported as you embark on your planting journey.
Our focus on practical experience prepares you to transition to the Church Planter/Senior Minister role with an emphasis on proven community outreach and service methods. Other experience includes:
- Developing the strategies and plans you’ll need to plant (ex. Launch Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Fundraising Strategy, Staffing Strategy, Church Budget, etc.)
- Practical ministry assignments at regional church plants
- Leadership training including strategic planning, critical thinking, and more
- Teaching team experience (develop/deliver preview service and opening day sermons)
- Participation in regional church planter coaching gatherings
Distance Learning Option
We’ve worked hard to make our residency program available to you in your local context. This option allows you to stay in your target area, learn under trusted mentors, all the while preparing to start churches alongside a diverse group of residents. Excellent resource! Allows me serve as an Associate Minister while learning in a flexible environment. If you are considering church planting you MUST go through this program!
–Resident, Cohort ’17 This model is working well for us. We think it’s the way of the future.
Distance residents interact with cohort members and instructors once a week via video conference. Through these training sessions residents learn the “nuts and bolts” of church planting while developing the strategies/plans required to plant a healthy church. All residents are required to attend two (week-long) onsite intensives during the 10-month residency period at New Life Christian Church (a church-planting church) in Northern Virginia. During these intensive weeks you’ll deliver sermons, rub shoulders with experienced church planters, learn to clarify and articulate your vision along with many other practical exercises designed to help you answer God’s call through church planting.
Our Embedded Residency Option
This option requires the resident to work/learn with Passion for Planting in Northern Virginia at New Life Christian Church. The resident will learn the “nuts and bolts” of church planting while participating in a cohort with other growing leaders. The embedded residency also provides practical experience within the ministry departments of New Life Christian Church and with recent church plants in the region. While a monthly stipend is provided to qualified embedded residents, residents are also expected to raise funds during their residency. A portion of these funds may be set aside for the future church plant.
NOTE: The Fall 2018 Cohort is full. We will be taking applications for the Fall 2019 Cohort in March 2019.
To apply for Church Planter Distance Residency Cohort:
Got Questions? Give us a call at (703) 817-0601 or email us at: email@example.com
|Next Cohort Dates:||September 4, 2019 to June 10, 2020|
|Virtual Class Times:||Wednesdays from 10:00am-4:00pm EST|
Got Questions? Please fill out the form below.